18. Juni 2014

The laboratory DriZzleR produces its first electricity on woodchips fuel.

Hello Fellow DriZzleR's,

Finaly arrived at the point where "The laboratory DriZzleR" was complete and fully functionable. On woodchips he produced electricity for several hours.
However it went no flawlesly. We learned a lot from numerous small problems we had to solve on the fly. But I guess that is the purpose of a laboratory model.
Now We have arrived so far, the laboratory period can be closed and we can move to the next step, making a real prototype.
As I dokumented in the past every move I made I will do so in the future, so stay tuned and subscribe to our blog.
Here is the link with the video.
Thanks for watching and please comment.


15. Juni 2014

Short update -> CHP testrun / Kurzes Update -> BHKW Testlauf

Today there is a quick update from my wood gasifier system. The DriZzleR now has over 300 hours on the clock. He mostly works only in short periods of 3-5 hours per day. Today, the auger drive made ​​problems. By sawdust the screw was blocked. This means that only a few pellets were transported. And the DriZzleR burned empty. It must be installed a screen in the supply container under the screw. Thus, the sawdust will be seperated. If you would let the auger run straight there should not be any problems with the sawdust. Were tested today the new carburetor control and heat transfer to the buffer memory.
The new Gasifier Control and the heat transfer to the buffer had been tested. Overall, the results so far are pretty good. Further tests will show how it behaves in long-term operation. First, the pool must be build up. Then the heat can be better stored in test mode. Currently, it is warm in Europe. And heat is not really needed at the moment.

Heute gibt es ein kurzes Update, von meinem Holzvergaser System. Der DriZzleR hat mittlerweile über 300 Stunden auf dem Buckel. Er arbeitet meistens nur in kurzen Betrieb von 3-5 Stunden pro Tag. Heute machte der Schneckenantrieb Probleme. Durch Sägemehl war die Schnecke blockiert. Dadurch wurden nur noch wenige Pellets transportiert. Und der Vergaser brannte leer. Es muss also ein Sieb im Vorratsbehälter unter der Schnecke montiert werden. Damit wird das Sägemehl ausgeschieden wird. Wenn man die Schecke allerdings gerade verlaufen lassen würde dürfte auch der Sägemehlanteil keine Probleme verursachen.
Die neue Vergaser Steuerung und die Wärmeübertragung zum Pufferspeicher wurden getestet.Insgesamt sind die bisherigen Ergebnisse ziemlich gut. Weitere Tests werden zeigen wie es sich im Langzeitbetrieb verhält. Erstmal muss der Pool aufgebaut werden. Dort kann dann die Wärme besser im Testbetrieb abgegeben werden. Momentan ist es warm in Europa. Und heizen ist im Moment eigentlich nicht nötig.